Our capabilities in piping systems technology encompass the following areas, among others:
- System design and stress analysis
- Machinery systems
- Storage tank systems
- High-temperature refractory-lined piping
- Safety relief systems
- Component Design
- Expansion joints
- Supports and restraints
- Evaluation of problems in the field
- Failure investigation
- Vibration phenomena
- Flanged joint reliability
- Compliance with ASME/ANSI B31 requirements
- Valve design and selection
- System component specifications
- Design and installation procedures
- Maintenance and reliability considerations
Here are a few examples of assignments related to piping systems technology that we have successfully completed:
- Analysis of a combination lined and unlined high-temperature system in an FCCU plant.
- Evaluation of an existing system based on removal of expansion joints to improve reliability.
- Analysis of an existing multi-pump system for stress and nozzle load acceptability after major piping additions.
- Design of new piping systems for installation to existing tall towers by hot tapping.
- Development of new and revised engineering standards and specifications for piping systems.
- Development of nozzle hot tapping guidelines and procedures.
- Failure evaluation of 1500°F furnace outlet piping.
- Development of spring support design specification.
- Development of engineering specification for piping flexibility analysis.