- Provided a project management specialist to lead and coordinate
the work of the Owner's team in converting an EPC's Reimbursable Cost
contract for a major Canadian project to Lump Sum. This was a
full time effort that involved recommending optimal conversion time,
identifying/developing missing rates from the existing contract,
finalizing activities to be included in the Lump Sum contract,
recommending appropriate allowances and contingency to be used in the
Lump Sum price, and negotiating the terms of the Lump Sum contract.
- Provided technical bid conditioning team to assist the owner in
selecting the prime contractor for a grass roots chemicals plant
located in China. The team consisted of mechanical, materials,
machinery, electrical, civil, and instrumentation/process control
- Full time procurement consulting support provided for a major
chemicals plant located in the Far East. Our procurement advisor
was an integral member of the Owner's Project Management team and was
resident in the contractor's office for over 18 months.
- Provided full time engineering manager for major expansion project
for a US Gulf Coast refinery.
- Full time onsite project management and project engineering
assistance for a grass roots expansion project for a US Gulf Coast
refinery. The project manager assignment was for almost three
years, and the project engineer assignment was for almost two years.
- Completed a 2+ year full-time assignment having overall
responsibility for Materials Management of a 1.5 billion
petrochemicals project in the Far East. Aligned with EPC contractor
and client’s Project Management Team to coordinate all aspects of
procurement activities, closely monitor progress, and prepare closeout
- Continued to provide long term resident engineering support in the
areas of cost estimation, procurement, and construction management to
a major grassroots petrochemical undertaking in the Far East.
- Continued to provide both full-time and part-time project
management and cost engineering support to multiple projects and
clients in the US and overseas.
- Contracts consulting support was provided for a large LNG project
being done in the Far East. Serious difficulties and disagreements
developed between the contractor and owner company during the initial
stages of the project. After multiple meetings and negotiations among
all parties, these were eventually resolved to everyone’s
- Full time, onsite construction management consulting support
provided for a major Canadian oil sands facility. Responsibilities
included development and review of execution plans, cost and schedule
control, interface with contractor and facility personnel, etc.
- Full time, onsite contracts/procurement consulting support
provided in the contractor’s Paris office for a gas project being
constructed in the Middle East. Numerous deviations between the
owner’s requirements and contractor/supplier procedures were
identified and corrected during the course of this activity. Same
person currently on assignment in Japan on a different project in a
- Full time, onsite project management consulting support being
provided for a major expansion project at a refinery located in Texas.
Responsibilities included review of execution plans, cost and schedule
control planning, interface with contractor and refinery personnel,
- Participated as a team member in performing a Cold Eyes Review of
the planned completion schedule of a major petrochemical project
located in the Far East. Several areas of possible improvement were
- Provided engineering quality control consulting support to the
Owner’s Project Management Team (PMT) for a grass roots chemicals
plant located in China and being engineered by a Chinese prime
contractor. The team consisted of mechanical, materials, machinery,
electrical, civil, and instrumentation/process control engineers.
After a kickoff meeting with the PMT and contractor held in China, the
team’s review work was effectively done from the US and Canada.
- Provided noise, safety, heat exchanger, and fired equipment
consulting support as part of a client’s integrated project management
team. Work involved auditing prime contractor’s and equipment
suppliers’ work to help ensure that it meets project requirements and
extended for several years. Full time offsite/utilities operations
consulting support in the contractor’s engineering office was also
provided. This mega-project involved a major “clean fuels” revamp of a
- Provided onsite construction management consulting support on the
Cogen portion of a major Canadian oil sands project during an
approximate three month assignment. Assisted in the development of
integrated and optimized project plans, and provided recommendations
to the Owner on fabrication and constructability questions, drawing
reviews, risk assessments, time line requirements, site safety, etc.
- Provided project management support to a Canadian refiner.
- Provided onsite Project Construction Director for an Electrostatic
Precipitator Project currently under construction at a domestic
- Provided project management planning support for the assessment of
thermal NOx reduction to meet emissions targets for a US refiner.
- Provided project management planning support to a US refiner for
an upstream project.
- Provided five months of on-site contract engineering consulting
support to a North American client.
- Provided project controls assistance to a US chemicals client.